We are passport photo specialists, conveniently located in the heart of Galway city. We offer a full passport/visa photos and ID photos service for Irish passport as well as for 79 other countries worldwide..
We’ve put together this blog with some recommendations to help you get the perfect passport photo.
The advantage of availing of our service is we use correct canon dslr camera, lighting/flash photography with a plain backdrop. The use of correct lighting and equipment will ensure your photo is in focus, is balanced, that your face will have no shadows and have natural skin tones.
When your photo is being taken it is best to:
- Sit upright and look straight into the camera lens
- Have a neutral expression and a closed mouth
- Keep your eyes open
- Your hair must not cover your eyes
- Head coverings are not permitted, except for any worn for religious purposes
- Face must be visible
- Glasses can cause reflection or glare from the flash/lighting and it is advised that they are removed for the photo as reflection/glare will cause the photo to be rejected
With the introduction of online passport renewal, all photos are verified on the official Department of State website before providing an official code to use when applying for a passport. We can use this method of online renewal which supplies you with a unique code for various other countries also.
If you are looking for a print copy of your photos we can offer that service as well as sending a digital copy to your email should you need it.
(Please note: for online renewals using a code your digital copy goes straight to the passport office you are applying to and not to your personal email)
All other formats of photo IDs are also supported, including: Age card, disability card, PSV license, taxi licence, safe pass, driving theory test, etc.
Take and print photos while you wait - no appointment required.